Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday How To

It's my favorite time of year! Christmas has been my favorite holiday since I was a little kid and this is the first year that I have an apartment of my own to decorate. I took some decorations from my parents house since they have tons, but I also decided to get creative and make a couple. One of which is this cute table display.

All you need is a wine bottle or two, an empty coffee tin, glitter, wrapping paper, ribbon and some kind of christmas filler.

I cleaned the wine bottles and then painted them with green glitter. It's hard to tell in the picture but they sparkle when the light hits them. Then I tied some red ribbon around each bottle neck.


Then I took an empty coffee tin and covered it in Christmas wrapping paper. I had strings of small christmas ball garland. I pulled the balls from the garland and filled the tin with them. (I didn't have enough to fill the whole tin so I stuck tissue paper underneath to make it look full). You can easily use other Christmas fillers such as candy canes or ribbon, etc.

So easy and a great center piece, or in my case end table filler. 


No comments:

Post a Comment